1. How much exercise do you get in an average week?
- I try to run 3 /12 miles at least three times during the workweek. Every Saturday I go on a route at a hiking area (running, mind you) that takes me 11 miles when done twice. Sometimes I just do the 5 /12.
I work out with weights twice a week - that's perfect for giving the muscles time to rebound.
2. Do you make an effort to fit exercise into your daily schedule?
- Most days I try to get running in because there's no better physical/mental "recalibration" to kick off my day.
3. Is there any part of your body that you feel could use a little extra work?
- If I'm not diligent, I get a beer-belly - the curse of my beloved late father. I don't want to hear guys say how they developed a belly in their thirties. At age 11 I had a prominent, round pot-belly.
It's hard for me to get bulk on my arms - have skinny-ass wrists. Also, I'm lacking equipment for lat-pulls. So for my back I do overhand pull-ups, but I've been stuck on doing 5-6 of them at a time for the last year, seemingly, I wish I had a machine where I could do 8-12 - i bet I'd make better progress that way.
4. What time of day do you prefer to work out?
- Usually in the mornings, for the reasons I've given.
5. What kind of music or what song gets you pumped to work out?
- I don't listen to music while working out or running, but I often have music in my head - maybe even mentally composing/arranging something of my own ("This seejaye has no problem with the ego-thing" you're probably thinking :-p)
And now I tag Richard Simmons, The Guvanator, Jack LaLanne, Madonna and Sisyphus.